Friday 31 May 2013

Friday Inspiration

OK so with getting engaged, going away for a weekend, organising an engagement party in less than a week and working (with less than cooperative computers) I have been busy the last 2 weeks! I always seem to find time to go on pinterest though...mostly during the football or when Tom watches programs about model trains (no lie we watched half an hour of one the other day).

I'm also still doing the 6 book challenge at work and read book no 2 'The Road Home' by Rose Tremain in the 'award winners' category last week which was a good read and an interesting look at someone else's perspective of England. Now onto no 3 'The White Queen' by Phillippa Gregory, in the historical fiction category - really not my usual choice but actually very absorbing so far!

Onto the inspiring images from this week...

This living room looks so casual and cosy, yet stylish and light.
I like the mix of patterns here, something I'd like to try with our sofa as it's a cushion backed one
The retro chair originally caught my eye here, but also check out the painted floor (I would love a hardwood painted floor...) and all the pops of colour in the textiles
Built in bookcases and a daybed to read in? Can I move in right now...
An island with a sink on and subway tile equal pretty much my dream kitchen, I also love the light fixtures and the stools here. Also if you click through the picture and look at the rest of the room it is so light and has a dining area and family area and everything...

As usual more on my pinterest, I also started a wedding board! So far only full of pictures of dresses and flowers...but still loads of interior and home inspiration out there.

Have great weekends all, I'm looking forward to a quiet one to recover from the last few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment